Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Tuesday 4 October 2022

Sculptural

I've noted before that The Hepworth gallery in Wakefield is in itself a very sculptural building. Opened in 2011 to house a legacy collection of the sculptor Barbara Hepworth's work, it is a brutalist concrete edifice, punched with large windows. The stairwell alone is enough to entice me to stop and take photos. Decorated in (not quite fifty shades of!) grey and lit with rooflights, it has a fabulous play of light and shadow. 




4 comments:

  1. Wonderful lines and minimalism

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next to last and one before it gave me an interesting pause...I like the blurred image of another plane when it's in the background much more than the foreground. I wonder why that is... Perhaps just from having seen things that way for ages in photos.

    ReplyDelete