Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Sunday 23 October 2022

Squares in colour

I stuck with the square photos all day whilst we were on the Grassington outing. It was an interesting exercise and I enjoyed the compositional challenge of using a different format. Of course there were one or two images that really demanded colour rather than mono, like the red Virginia Creeper covering a house in Grassington village, and the bright border of colourful annuals that had been planted alongside the drive of the old house at Yarnbury.  

Some of the rusty metal textures just asked to be photographed in colour:



And, actually, though the moors do lend themselves to a gritty, high contrast mono treatment, they can also look rather lovely when the soft natural colours of turf, stone and sky are allowed to shine. 



4 comments:

  1. I've become enamored with colors! And since I know I have cataracts...I hope the experiences will change when I finally get them out at the end of the year. Yet I remember wonderful photo gallery exhibits all in B&W which show such great textures and elements of design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems to me you are off and running on the square format. I don't do photos, but I paint and like square.....but then, with a canvas, you can do any format you want, as long as you can find someone to make you a frame!

    ReplyDelete