Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Saturday 8 October 2022

The market


I took this a while ago when I visited Hebden Bridge but I only just got round to processing it. I thought I'd try a non-standard style of processing, just for a change. 

It's amazing what you find in markets. There was all manner of bric-a-brac. I'm at the stage where I'm steadily clearing stuff out so there's no way I'm interested in other people's 'cast-offs', though you can perhaps find some bargains if you look closely. 


To answer the question posed by Beatrice yesterday in her comment, as to what gear/lenses I use:
My camera gear is very simple as, these days, I don't like to carry a lot of weight and I've never really liked swapping lenses outside (knowing myself very prone to dropping things, for a start!) So, I have a mirrorless camera: Fuji X-T2 with an 18-135mm zoom lens. (That's equivalent to a 27-206 mm lens on a full-frame camera.) Mostly that suits me fine for the kinds of photos I like to take. There is the odd time when I wish I had a longer lens, for wildlife shots especially, but it's never a big enough wish to actually spend the money on one and have to lug it about! I also have a 50mm (75mm equivalent) macro lens that I occasionally use. I have a tripod that I only ever really use for long exposure and night photography since, to me, using one feels the same as fighting with an octopus! Probably at least a third of the photos on my blog (perhaps more) are actually taken with my phone (Apple iPhone XR) as I only take my camera if I anticipate doing some 'proper' photography and can accommodate the bulk and weight in my bags. 
Processing-wise, I primarily use Adobe Lightroom Classic, with occasional use of Photoshop for what Lightroom can't do, and occasional use of DxO Nik Collection plug-ins. 
Now then, that has answered more than Beatrice asked but never mind. And if you haven't a clue what I'm on about, then don't worry. Just enjoy the results. 

4 comments: