Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Friday 21 October 2022

Trying something new

We had a camera club outing to the moors above Grassington where the old lead mine workings are. You may recall that I posted some photos from there earlier in the year when we did a recce up there. (HERE

Having taken a lot of the general views already, I felt I needed to do something different this time so I set myself a challenge to take mostly mono photos in a square format. For the first time ever, I actually set my camera up to do that and it was interesting how just that small change made me see things differently. Helped by quite a moody sky (but not aided by a very strong and cold wind!) I found myself noticing the vegetation and clouds and how they fitted in the landscape. 

I've ended up processing the images in quite a contrasty way, which is unusual for me. 



 

6 comments:

  1. I'm not usually a fan of B&W but these are impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You half expect the Hound of the Bsskervilles to come along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great group of shots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nicely done, in my humble opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting style. Love the monotone

    ReplyDelete
  6. All but the second photo could be somewhere in the USA southwest....black and white makes a big difference. Without color, you can't tell it's lush where you live. Kind of amazes me.

    ReplyDelete