Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Monday 12 July 2021

Dodging showers

A week or so of changeable, humid weather brought some very heavy showers and even some thunderstorms. Glued to Wimbledon and the Euro football, I haven't minded being indoors, but there was one day when I felt I just had to get out for a walk, rain or shine. I went up to Northcliffe Park and from that higher viewpoint I was treated to some astonishing cloud formations. You could see the rain in the distance over Bingley but I managed to get home without experiencing more than a few stray raindrops. 

I felt the drama of the sky was best suited to a mono treatment. 

(Probably sums up the national mood today too, after the night before. Losing on penalties again! Never mind, we can be so proud of our young footballing heroes.) 

7 comments:

  1. I am glad you took the trouble to make these dramatic cloud photos for us. I find that unusual formation threatening, frightening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good capture of the power of thunderclouds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Spectacular skies. A pity about the football, particularly after the opening twenty minutes which was better than anything I've ever seen from an England team.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the global mood these days is very gloomy. You put the horizon very low in your first image. I try to do that occasionally but never like them in preference to the images with more land in them. But, it did work for you. I also watched the Euro final game. I like England and Italy so I didn't have a favorite. At the end of the game, when the three Black players on the England team missed their shots, my immediate reaction was that there were going to be many nasty comments on social media. It was one time I would rather have been wrong.

    ReplyDelete