Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Thursday 1 July 2021

Waterfalls and buttercups

I set off for a walk with a friend on a quintessentially English June day - sunshine, blue sky, fluffy clouds and a gently cooling breeze. We chose the pretty walk up to Goit Stock Falls in Harden, which has a track that winds through trees alongside Harden Beck - and passes not just one but three quite attractive waterfalls. The meadows were awash with buttercups and it was all rather lovely. 

I don't often take my big camera when I'm out with friends. I think it's probably quite annoying to be walking with a photographer who keeps stopping - and anyway, when I'm chatting I can't concentrate on 'seeing' photos. These are all quick snaps with my phone, though it was all so nice that I began to wish I had taken my camera. 

It is, I think, rather pretty the way the water braids down the main cascade (above) - and despite mostly dry weather for the past week or two, there was more water coming down than I expected. The paths up there can often be very muddy but that wasn't a problem, though it did seem a bit rockier and in some parts needed more scrambling than I remember (or perhaps I'm just getting old!) 

5 comments: