Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Sunday 4 July 2021

Floof and roses

Every so often I end up with a few photos that I like but that defy categorisation or don't really fit with anything else. Here are three such images - all bit floofy. (I love the word floofy, even though it isn't actually a proper word. It derives - obvs - from fluffy but to me suggests even more exuberance than 'fluffy' manages.) You'd never call a peony flower fluffy but the amazing pink peony bloom above is definitely floofy, as far as I'm concerned. 

So too is the conifer I spotted, awash with bright new needles and set off against a sky with clouds that themselves looked a bit floofy to me.

Some roses are floofy and others aren't. The one on the left below is, to me, more floofy than the one on the right! I was rather cheered by this lovely hedge of multi-coloured roses I noticed on one of my local walks. Roses seemed to go out of fashion in gardens at one time (too much work, perhaps) but it seems to me that there are more to be seen in recent years, so perhaps they are having a garden renaissance. 


3 comments:

  1. Well, I knew floofy right away...many tiny bits coming together with a certain amount of roundness being displayed.

    ReplyDelete