Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Monday 26 July 2021

Red

Bright red is such a shouty colour, isn't it? No wonder it is used to indicate danger and to draw attention to things. Our fire engines are red, so are most of our post-boxes. The old-fashioned and much beloved telephone boxes used to be red, as did London's buses.  It can be a photographer's friend... sometimes a person in a red coat can be just the thing to add a bit of spice and a focal point to an image. Often, it's a photographer's nightmare: a bit of red plastic needing to be cloned out of an otherwise peaceful beach scene. 



I will occasionally have a spell where I go looking for a particular colour. Here are a few red things I found on my wanderings. 

5 comments:

  1. Astonishing in how many shades red can be found. Recently I ordered "wine red" cushion covers for our officially "Burgundy" sofa. I held my breath until they arrived. Indeed they do match perfectly: my wife did not even notice they were there! Peter's lucky star is still shining.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a big fan of poppies...and I loved seeing all these photos with red featured!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It certainly brightens a pic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Red was a great photo choice and there are so many. Now, you have my mind going as to several future photo outings, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Red tends to show up in a lot of our city vehicles.

    ReplyDelete