Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Saturday 17 July 2021

At random


I often accumulate images from my local rambles that don't really fit together and yet that I quite like, for one reason or another. Mostly I have taken them because I've noticed something just a little different about a familiar scene, something that makes me stop and look. There are several rose bushes in the allotment that runs alongside Victoria Road, with Salts Mill in the background. I can't recall seeing this bright red rose flowering with so many blooms all at once. Such a super colour... 

Then I was charmed by the 'garden party' atmosphere in front of the Stable Block cottages, beside the church drive. I don't think they are actually having a garden party, but the residents have clearly decided to delineate an area of 'garden' with the poles and bunting, and there are often friends sitting having a chat over a cuppa at one or other of the tables.


Summer is the time for repairing and painting the outside of our homes. I spotted these two chaps busy in the alley behind Lockwood Street - one doing the painting and the other adding ballast and encouragement. 

4 comments:

  1. I think that rose may be an "Alexander", my mother had one and the flowers are described as "luminous vermillion". It's nice to see these little vignettes of Saltaire life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful photo of the roses and the stone wall behind! I also liked seeing the not-a-garden-party and they guys up the ladder. None of the windows have screens...which I would see on most windows here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the garden with bunting! It would be nice to sit out there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like these, especially the roses.

    ReplyDelete