Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Wednesday 31 March 2021

A lick of paint?


I took this picture because I liked the way the sunshine was picking out Saltaire URC church against the backdrop of heavy storm clouds. It's only in the winter that you can really see this view of the church. Foliage gets in the way in the summer. It wasn't until I was processing the image afterwards that I noticed the peeling paint on the old lamp-post. Time for a fresh coat of black, I think... 

5 comments:

  1. In front of our house was a similar gas lamp. One could hear the clock ticking. Each month a council worker would ascend his ladder to wind up the starting clock. As a child I was fascinated by these things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rather like that red paint showing through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Storm clouds make such a fine backdrop. And I too like the dash of red.

    ReplyDelete