Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Tuesday 23 March 2021

Blue sky thinking

A recent sunny, blue sky day with a noticeable uplift in the air temperature had me reaching for my big camera, feeling that spring was on its way. Sadly, I proved to be well out of practice with my camera skills and I was disappointed with all my shots. I suppose it doesn't help that, despite the spring-like intimations, nature has barely yet started to slough off the winter. Paths are muddy, trees still bare, grass worn and scruffy, even the river looks messy with debris brought down by the winter floodwaters. But still, I will hold on to those intimations of better things to come.

These pictures were taken down by the Aire in Myrtle Park, where the river is joined by Harden Beck and the waters swirl round an island, over a series of small rapids. 


 

5 comments:

  1. As someone who spent 90 minutes the other night trying to remember how I could get the histogram display to show up on my DSLR I can sympathise with you. I like your close-up of the running water, just the amount of blur that I like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep it Simple. I swear that's the sign on the box my latest printer came in. Then I found the display isn't backlit and have to use a flashlight to see what it says! Too simple. Like the way the rapids course around the island.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that swirling action of the water.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still did well with your photos though, I guess that's the one drawback about Spring, everything is still a bit wet and boggy.

    ReplyDelete