Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Friday 26 March 2021

Spring renovations


It must be something in the air...  Spring brings the urge to start cleaning or renovating. There was certainly a lot going on in Saltaire the other day. There is a project to relay some of the pavements in the village. The stone slabs look nice but soon start shifting (especially when goods vehicles mount the kerbs, as they seem often to do) and when they are uneven they become rather dangerous to walk on. I think the Council is always wary of claims for injury, so they are funding some improvements. 


Round the corner, someone was giving the bakery a facelift. Then further up the road, I noticed the Victoria Hall has a good deal of scaffolding around it. It appears that they are doing something to the stonework.  

As if all that work wasn't enough, I kept seeing people walking around with clipboards. I'm not sure who they were or what they were surveying. Never a dull moment round here, anyway! 




8 comments:

  1. I should think that walking around with a clipboard is a good way of maintaining social distancing - I certainly always give such people a wide berth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I wished to be left in peace in the Services I used to walk around with a clipboard. It was never questioned. Obviously I was "very busy".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Construction season begins!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw a man with a clipboard at the grocery this afternoon, and a woman in an apron, with just a piece of paper. They were filling orders that had been called in, and would be picked up when they were finished. All the stores I go to these days (well, except the one with discounted and past-date things) have these pick-up-grocery orders.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It wouldn't surprise me if the scaffolding is for sandblasting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure it takes constant work to keep such beautiful place so nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel another visit to Saltaire coming on when we can; will remember to bring my clipboard!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Spring cleans are always worthy, just brightens things up

    ReplyDelete