Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Monday 22 March 2021

Hirst Wood Recreation Ground


Some grant money has been allocated to Shipley from the government's Town Funds scheme 'to aid regeneration and growth'. A portion of it has been directed into our parks and recreation spaces, including Hirst Wood Recreation Ground, where - I gather - some adult gym equipment is to be installed in addition the existing children's play area. When I passed by, on a very murky, damp day, I noticed work had already started on what seemed to be a running track. There are adult gyms in one or two other local areas. I can't say I've noticed anyone actually using them... perhaps I just don't pass by at the right times. 

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Might be, but it disguises itself asa little library.

      Delete
  2. We have a couple of little libraries here that have been built to look like the Tardis!
    The tracks get used here but I have never seen the exercise equipment being used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One needs all the greenspace we can get.

    ReplyDelete