Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Saturday 20 March 2021

Set building


I walked past Salts Mill yesterday and noticed they are busy constructing what appears to be a film set in the alleyway. The Mill is currently closed to visitors anyway, although there are several businesses that also work out of the buildings, so they may be affected. Hard to tell what exactly it will be - clearly a street scene of some kind.  There appear to be steps on the right, a shop window, half-timbered walls? I shall have to go down again to see what it looks like in a few days. I've no idea what they will be filming, though someone told me they have been shooting 'All Creatures Great and Small', the TV series about James Herriott, the Yorkshire veterinary surgeon, in Bradford this week. I know they were shooting 'Gentleman Jack' in Bingley not long ago too. They go to such lengths for what may be really very short burst of action in the end product of the whole film. 

No doubt all will be revealed in due course. I'll keep my eyes peeled for some more action. 

5 comments:

  1. It will be interesting to see how it turns out, if they allow photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodie, a video/film opportunity for the place at least, though with alterations...places you might walk at a different moment in time. Happy first day of spring, Ostara.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are all agog! Maybe "Let Sleeping Vets Lie?" Always made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lot of filming goes on around here but I have yet to hear that George Clooney is involved so I don't pay much attention. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The last thing I can think of filming here (aside from television news, which is constant) would be a movie with Mel Gibson playing Santa. I don't know if the studio decided to hold it over a year because of Covid.... after all, why release a Christmas movie in July?

    ReplyDelete