Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Tuesday 2 March 2021

Titus on holiday?


Look what I spotted moored in Skipton's canal basin... Titus, the Saltaire Trip Boat. It's normally to be found moored by Saltaire's Victoria Road Bridge, and takes people for short trips up and down the canal. I keep meaning to enjoy a cruise, to see a different view of my familiar stretch of the canal - but I have never done it so far. I think the terms of the boating licence probably state that the boat has to be moved every now and again to another mooring. I guess it may be safer overwintering in Skipton, where there are generally more boaters around and more activity going on. Better than spending the winter idle and isolated in Saltaire. 

I like to think that Titus is on his holidays, anyway (luckier than the rest of us at the moment!) 

2 comments:

  1. You should take a tour whenever we are allowed to do such things again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a distinctive looking boat.

    I've never done a canal tour here either.

    ReplyDelete