Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Wednesday 17 March 2021

Sunshine and daffys


The crocus are still blooming and the daffys are hot on their heels this year. These mini varieties seem to come out first and I really like them. On a breezy, chilly, blue sky day it was a cheery scene by the weir in Roberts Park. I was as well wrapped up as the folks on the bench and I definitely needed my cosy padded jacket. This area still looks a little churned up after the heavy machinery was brought in to build the fish pass just below the railing. Hopefully the grass will recover over the summer. 

Recent rain had swelled the river again. In fact, as I walked round the park I realised part of the path was under water (a HUGE puddle), meaning I either had to retrace my steps or attempt to step up onto the cricket pitch to avoid the wet. The boundary wall at that point was about half a metre high, rather a steep step up - so I was glad of the gallant gent who offered his hand and pulled me up! Who says chivalry is dead? 

4 comments:

  1. In Scandinavia the women have for generations established total equality with their menfolk. Offer them a pull up and they look at you: is he right in the head? Same with opening doors. I can open my own door, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so lovely to see the spring flowers!
    After I read your post yesterday my mail arrived with a copy of the National Trust handbook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite a view.

    Daffs here might show up at the end of April, but are more likely to turn up in early May.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those daffodils are so cheerful, they are like a ray of sunshine.

    ReplyDelete