Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Monday 28 March 2022

Unlocked

Ilkley Camera Club's biennial exhibition had to be cancelled last year because of the Covid pandemic, so we are pleased that it is now on show in the opulent surroundings of Cliffe Castle Museum in Keighley. Some of us went along to the upper gallery to view it on the opening day, which was the first time I'd seen the whole thing hung, although we'd been busy framing the prints a couple of weeks ago. 

I have five photos on show and I'm delighted with how they look. (It's surprising how much a mount and a frame adds to the professional look!) We have some excellent photographers in the club and there are prints on display with a wide range of subject matter and technique, reflecting the variety of interests within the club. I'm very proud of what we have achieved, despite the difficulties caused by the Covid lockdowns. 

The exhibition runs until 28 August 2022 (closed on Mondays).   

I understand it will be viewable online too, in due course. When it is, I'll post a link. 





 

4 comments:

  1. A great venue for photos on display...good lighting and people can keep moving by or stopping as they wish. Congrats for 5 on display.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a wonderful setting for the exhibit. You must show us your pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had been wondering what the most effective frame colour would be, and now I know. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete