Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Wednesday 30 March 2022

Cherry blossom time

Passing through Ilkley the other day, I noticed the cherry trees on The Grove are covered in full and rather splendid blossom. (Odd, as similar trees at the top of my road are not showing blossom at all yet.) I only had my phone with me but I couldn't resist taking a few snaps. It's a glorious sight and may not last long. We have wintry weather forecast for later this week, after a week or so of warm sunshine. Capricious!  


6 comments:

  1. It always amazes me that trees can grow amongst all that concrete and tarmac, let alone look so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How really beautiful! It makes winter greys pop our eyes with such bountiful color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! No blossoms like that until mid-May in these parts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cherry blossoms are beautiful especially since there are not even any trees budding here at the moment. And, this is certainly a lovely scene in what looks like a downtown area.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ilkley is not large and was always considered rather genteel.

    ReplyDelete