Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Sunday 27 March 2022

MOT D

(Breaking up my Wensleydale mini-break series with some more current, 'spring' pictures.)

No, not Match Of The Day but MOT day, the day in March when I have to take my car in for service and MOT. Sadly, it needed new brake discs and pads this time, at an eye-watering £400+ (ouch!) so a second visit is required before it is fully sorted out. The garage is in Silsden so I habitually go for a long walk whilst I'm waiting. Some years it's damp and dreary, occasionally you can feel spring is on the way. This year it felt like a midsummer day with sunshine and a balmy temperature of 19°C.  I was overdressed, of course! ;)  I had a very pleasant amble along the Leeds-Liverpool Canal to the nature reserve in Low Wood. The trees are not yet in leaf, though there are some signs of greening. There are more spring flowers coming out and a few early lambs in the fields. 



On the way back I passed 'Titus', Saltaire's trip boat, returning from its overwintering in Skipton. By the time I'd pulled my phone out, I only just caught the back of it! 

Just for a change, I've cropped all these photos to a 16x10 format. My phone pics (which these are) are a 4:3 ratio. In processing, I usually crop my photos quite randomly to suit the image. Sometimes it's good to try something different and I'm usually pleasantly surprised when I do use a 'standard' format, that it works quite well. It has cropped slightly too much off the reflections in the top pic but never mind. 

5 comments:

  1. I thought MOT D might be some new-fangled text-speak for Mothers' Day. At least you had a lovely day for a walk, even if the ££££s were clocking up as you walked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful, all calendar worthy. Still in the dark as to what MOT stands for, something about your car?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara, we use MOT to describe the Ministry of Transport annual vehicle inspection. Before obtaining the MOT certificate any outstanding work involving the safety or environmental aspect has to be done. The lights and brakes must work, the tyre profiles and exhaust emissions be within tolerance, and much more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, we don't have ministries of anything, except Sunday mornings! I did just have my annual car inspection before being able to renew my license tags from the DOT, Dept. of Transportation! Same kind, different initials!! Thanks Peter!

      Delete