Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Tuesday 15 March 2022

Picture this


Waste no opportunity for a photo...! I went with a friend to see a film at the Pictureville cinema attached to the National Science and Media Museum in Bradford. It was dark and, as I was hanging about in the lobby before the film started, I noticed the modern glass and steel atrium at the front of the museum looked rather interesting and somewhat industrial yin and yang, with all its curves, angles and lights. Just a phone snap but I quite like it. 

By the way, the film we saw was 'Ali and Ava', a multi-faceted love story from writer-director Clio Barnard, set in and filmed in Bradford. I really enjoyed it and would recommend it. I would also recommend the Pictureville experience. They often show films with subtitles for the hard of hearing, which means that I can go along and enjoy a movie the same as anyone else. It's rarely busy either, which is a bonus as far as I'm concerned.

5 comments:

  1. Very nicely observed. Presumably the architect went to a good deal of trouble to design it, so it's good that at least one person noticed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice photo, creates an interesting journey for the eyes. Sub-titles are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That makes for a fine shot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This image just goes to show that you can find interesting shots nearly everywhere!

    ReplyDelete