Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Saturday 26 March 2022

Aysgarth Falls

I hope you're not tired of seeing waterfalls! There seem to be as many in this area of the Yorkshire Dales as there are in Iceland, though perhaps not quite so spectacular. The light was fading by the time I arrived at perhaps the most famous of them - Aysgarth Falls. In fact along this stretch of the River Ure there are three sets of falls - Upper, Middle and Lower, all within a half a mile or so of each other and all quite easy to access. My photos show the Upper Falls. 

By the way, the dale is called Wensleydale, after a village, rather than Uredale after the river, which is a departure from the style of most of the other Yorkshire Dales. There are, however, several places that have Yoredale in their name, harking back to the older name.

The amount of blur a waterfall photo needs is a matter of personal preference, I guess. I quite like the milky effect of a long exposure, as it suggests the motion of the water tumbling down. 


5 comments:

  1. Not getting tired of waterfalls at all. I'm suddenly reminded that I once planned out a walking route visiting as many falls in the Yorkshire Dales as I could fit into a week's walking - I never did do the walk, but I can't remember why.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful falls. I could sit by one like this all day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sure is beautiful.
    I sometimes buy Wensleydale cheese at our local supermarket.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love waterfalls. These are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would never get tired of waterfalls, and especially now, when it hasn't rained much in a long time and the humidity was 4% this afternoon. (I do not live in a desert...at least so far...just a very dry year in central Texs.) I do enjoy your beautiful countryside and say thank you for sharing it with the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete