Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Sunday 13 March 2022

In the potting shed


We had some horrible weather in February - wet and very windy - so that I didn't go out as much as I'd have liked. (Since the Met Office started naming storms, a few years ago, said storms seem to have got a little above themselves!) With the enforced time at home, I spent a bit of time playing with processing. This was a photo I took at Harlow Carr Gardens, in the little potting shed. I felt it needed 'enriching' a bit so I've added a couple of texture layers to it - and a gerbil! (Well, it was either that or a cow.... I find I don't have many 'animal' photos. The jury is out on whether that has helped or hindered! I can never decide, but it's fun playing. 

6 comments:

  1. If Robert Thompson could include a carved mouse on his furniture I don't see why you shouldn't occasionally have a gerbil in your photos. The Gerbilwoman of Saltaire??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the texture, and missed the gerbil until you told me. Sigh, that's how observant I am today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great color and texture! I'd like to see a tiny cow on the shelf with the pots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A little hippo would have worked well too. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The texturing worked well, Jenny, although if not identified in your post, the gerbil might have been mistaken for a mouse...or was that your intent?

    ReplyDelete