Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Thursday 31 March 2022

One misty, moisty morning

(Back to the mini-break in early March) 

'One misty, moisty morning' is the title of a 1973 Steeleye Span song that still plays in my head from my student days. It was apt for the second day of my mini-break in Wensleydale, when the blue sky disappeared and left drizzle and a cold, damp mist hanging in the valley. It was atmospheric though, and not much can spoil the beauty of those stone barns and rambling drystone walls. 

On the road between Askrigg and Hawes there is a stand of trees on top of a hill that caught my eye, with random walls meandering across the slopes. I think I prefer the mono version, though the way I've processed it makes it look less misty. 

 

6 comments:

  1. Lovely photos. I like the coloured one best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great misty scenes. That song was on the turntable in my student house too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never heard that song that I recall...I thought you'd made up a word, moisty! I choose the color version also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like both of those shots but probably the colour one best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The mist does add a lovely touch to things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember Steeleye Span with Maddy Pryor very well. They were different.

    ReplyDelete