Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Thursday 24 March 2022

Cray Falls

The road from Upper Wharfedale over into Wensleydale skirts round the side of Buckden Pike, where there are several waterfalls that cascade off the fell side. I stopped to photograph Cray Falls, named after the hamlet that sits below it, which has just a couple of houses and a pub (closed on Tuesdays, as was the pub in Buckden - sigh! Still no coffee... Was starting to wish I'd taken a flask.) 

I thought that you could get up close to these Falls, but I couldn't find a route, perhaps because recent rain had left the fields boggy and the streams swollen. With my longest lens I still managed to capture some of the beauty of the cascade, although I think there are more falls even higher up that I couldn't see from this vantage point.


6 comments:

  1. That's one thing that's very lacking in my part of the country, along with stone walls and pubs that shut on Tuesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something magical about waterfalls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Because of the cigarette stench I hadn't been into a pub for years. As far as I'm concerned pubs can all close for seven days every week! Take a flask with sarnies!

    ReplyDelete