Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Tuesday 3 January 2023

The last of the Christmas cards


Being struck down by Covid over Christmas and New Year has been an unwelcome development. I felt really rough for a few days but once the symptoms started to subside, I've been feeling pretty bored. Covid brain-fog is apparently a real thing and I've had little concentration. I've quite a few new books in my pile but it has been hard to focus on reading. A friend lent me some jigsaws, which proved to be a good idea as you can apply short bursts of energy to those. 

Once I started to feel better, I cleared away the few Christmas decorations I'd put up. It always seems a shame to discard the Christmas cards, so I got out my phone on a slow shutter app, took a few ICM photos and then played around with saturation and layering. It's always fun, though hard to know when to stop.


I'm now waiting until I have a negative Lateral Flow Test and then I'll gradually be able to resume normal life, though clearly it will take a while to regain my usual levels of energy. I think I only had a mild dose but even so I felt wrecked. I can only sympathise with those who have had it worse. Thank God for the protective effect of the vaccines. 

 

7 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear that your making a recovery from that horrible virus. I've tinkered a bit with ICM but have never achieved anything which I really like once the novelty has worn off. I'm still waiting for the last of my Christmas cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry for you that you got the Covid just on Christmas and New Year, I thought it's finished now ! Wish you all the best for 2023 ! I caught a cold just after New Year, I don't do a test, because if it's Covid or a cold the symptoms are the same and I am stuck at home anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am still being very careful and wearing a mask whenever I am inside any place other than my home. Even with the vaccine it really has had a strong effect on people I know. Hope it clears for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved seeing these non-objective colorful collages. I don't know what ICM might mean, and probably don't have it available anyway. Glad you're recovering. Take it slow and easy. These colorful renderings are definitely cheerful feeling for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh. I missed that PS about covid and YOU. So glad you are feeling better. Seems like more and more people I know are getting it, even if vaxxed, but at least most are just feeling sick for a few days and then slowly recovering. A nasty little virus. Seems to be edging around on the vaccine immunity, but if it's getting milder, that's a wonderful thing. Two years ago it was a killer. You have posted some lovely photos in spite. And as usual, I do enjoy the Christmas windows. Thanks. Feel better soon.......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to read you are feeling better, Jenny. This week we have been laying low with common colds, not covid which is the first question people ask these days. I liked your creativity with the Christmas cards, but must confess my ignorance on not knowing what ICM means.

    ReplyDelete