Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Saturday 7 January 2023

Blended moments


I'm struggling a bit to find my mojo again, since I've had Covid (though I guess it is still 'early days' in the overall scheme of things). It's such a dreary time of year, with little light most days, and I haven't ventured far yet so I'm back to the same walks, same views. It's hard to find something new and engaging. I am, however, trying to make sure I get out for a short walk every day, mainly to rebuild my strength but also because, if I'm not 'out there', then I definitely won't see anything new and engaging! 

Yesterday I walked along the canal towpath and then back via Salt's sports field. I was briefly entertained by a couple of pairs of goosanders on the canal. They dive underwater for so long you think they've gone - and then pop up, comically, often quite a way from where they submerged. I'd love to see what goes on under the water. They were unfortunately too far away for a decent photo with my phone. 

I was then intrigued by the shimmering reflections of bare-branched trees, with something very beautiful about the tonality of black tracery on blue-grey water, as well as the gentle movement. On the way back I passed behind the stands on the football field, painted blue and nicely weathered. I 'collect' such textures for use in creative photos, so it occurred to me that if I superimposed one of the reflections and one of the textures, then in one image I have a kind of summary of my walk: there and back in one. It was fortuitous, I guess, that the colours worked well together, and that wiggly line of foam on the water is really what makes this for me. So - a Covid brainstorm or a valid piece of creative art... perhaps both! Fun to do, anyway. 

5 comments:

  1. This worked out very well. And creative mind is often hidden behind our (don't know if this is the right term) daily mind. When I'm feverish, or on certain drugs to help me get well, I often think of some strange and wonderful things. So ride that Covid recovery and keep on doing what feels right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The branch reflection photo is captivating.
    When light is dull, as it is so often in winter, macro photos can be uplifting.
    Glad you are on the mend

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a Wonderful picture! Well done!

    ReplyDelete