Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Tuesday 31 January 2023

Grassington

Grassington is approached by a sturdy road bridge over the River Wharfe, and the village, slightly higher up the hillside, clusters around a cobbled square, with a network of streets and alleyways branching out. It's a tourist honeypot even in winter and (although there's a massive car park some distance away) the centre is plagued by cars, both parked and trying to navigate their way through. It would be very pretty if it weren't for all the people! I should hate to live there. It has been made even more famous because the TV series 'All Creatures Great and Small' about the Yorkshire vet has been filmed there. 



There are plenty of cafés, so it met my need for a leisurely lunch and a stroll but I find it a frustrating place to photograph (and I'm not very motivated photographically right now, anyway).  Sometimes 'detail' shots work better. I was much taken with this little twisted-stemmed bush outside a house - but imagine having the road so close to your door and windows! At least we have pavements in Saltaire. 

3 comments:

  1. So many places are overrun with cars. Perhaps they could put parking lots outside the town?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely pastoral shot to start this post...then it looks like someone's having a party with all the people! So sorry that they kind of took over your opportunities with camera. I agree...I'm glad to have about 10 feet between my door and windows from anyone just walking by on the sidewalk. PS. I love All Creatures Great and Small!

    ReplyDelete