Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Monday 30 January 2023

Linton Falls

After all the rain we'd had, I wanted to see Linton Falls near Grassington. When I went last summer, the Wharfe was merely a trickle but after rain it's a gushing torrent - noisy and exhilarating. 



The lower falls (above), where the footbridge crosses, tumble over natural shelves in the rock, below a weir. There used to be a mill there, and the bridge made it easy for the mill workers to walk down from the village to work. The upper falls cascade over another weir, and there's a hydro-electric plant there.  

5 comments:

  1. Wow, that's sure rushing water. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that third picture with the little tree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful to see so much water. (I thought I commented on this, but don't see it. Oh well.) Maybe I didn't, just thought it.

    ReplyDelete