Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Wednesday 25 January 2023

Fog on the Aire

Here are a few more photos from the freezing, foggy weather we had recently. 'Fog on the Tyne' (1971, Lindisfarne) was a hit song in my youth but this was 'fog on the Aire'. 

The river beyond Saltaire was calm and the hint of gold from the willow trees was picked up in the water. I didn't walk right down to the aqueduct - it was too cold for me to want to stay out long. 

There were not many people in the park. Even Hirst Weir seemed more muted than it sometimes is. It's funny how fog literally has a blanketing effect, not only visually but sound too. 

6 comments:

  1. Serene photos, the rough waters are an interesting contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, there's magic in the Aire. I might publish some photos of "mist on the mere" later

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I really like that last one...fog as contrast to the rapids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that last one best too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm breaking ranks here - I like the first one best. Total serenity and quiet.

    ReplyDelete