Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Wednesday 11 January 2023

Oh drearie me


My post-Covid recovery seems to have got a bit stuck. I'm left with really painful sinusitis and continue to have to take painkillers, which isn't good. They seem not to want to treat it with antibiotics these days, even supposing I could get a GP appointment. I suppose it will eventually go. I'm just a bit fed up of feeling a few degrees under. So what does one do? Eat well, sleep, get a bit of exercise and try to cheer oneself up! 

The weather is NOT helping, as we've had lots of rain and some days it hardly seems to get light. Dreary. I still go out for a walk most days. The village looks very 'ordinary'  in this sort of light, though I suppose there is nothing wrong with ordinary views. 

Many of us have been amused this week to discover that Saltaire has been named the 'second poshest village' in the UK by The Times newspaper (see HERE). One wonders if they've ever visited! Quirky, interesting, attractive in a gritty kind of way, historical and a creative hub are all descriptors one might happily apply - but 'posh' (ie: smart, fashionable, expensive) seems to be stretching credulity. Still, I wouldn't change it. I like it here. 


 

7 comments:

  1. I like your B/W images of the village. If it helps there are people who feel worse than you - I refer to the good citizens of Chelsea-On-Sea, otherwise known as Burnham Market, languishing down in tenth place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do hope you are feeling better soon, Jenny. While we did not have covid, we were indoors all last week with the much maligned and underrated common cold with lots of sneezing and tissue use. The weather was as gloomy as we felt with rain, fog and dreary days. Unlike yourself, we did not venture outside but kept to ourselves with reading and resting.

    These b&w images were lovely to see and now I will check out the provided link. The power lines created quite a unique and interesting design pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you a complete recovery in your posh village!

    ReplyDelete
  4. In my experiences with sinus, it was antibiotics that cleared it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The B&W shots capture the dreary weather well. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Saline solutions help sinuses, either in Neti Pots, or just lots of deep gargles...that's the old wives' way. So sorry you have that, which I have almost daily. Hope yours clears up soon. And those sure are not what I'd describe as posh homes. Where are they looking, anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha. So you are in a posh place. Well, nice to know what "they" think. Sorry you are having sinus trouble. It is a constant here. Wish we could teleport like on Star Trek and you could spend a few days here and I a few days there. Here it is so very dry (13% humidity here yesterday afternoon; used to be VERY unusual, and no rain in the foreseeable future or for the last few months) that saline spray, as Barbara said, is very useful. Anyway, we could trade some warm bright and dry days for some cloudy wet ones and I'll bet we both would be glad to be back where we were to start with, even if not completely cured,

    ReplyDelete