Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Tuesday 17 January 2023

Park weekend


It's often busy in Roberts Park these days, especially at weekends. I think it has become much more popular since the Covid lockdowns of the last couple of years, when people from the wider area had to 'discover' places more local to them. Finding that the park was so pleasant, they have kept returning. The Half Moon Café, in the centre of my photo, seems really busy and has extended its opening hours, even in the winter. I am both pleased and (if I'm totally honest) a little bit miffed that I have to share 'my' park with so many other people, and queue for coffee! Even on a winter weekend, in a brief burst of sunshine in between showers, there were plenty of folk about, with dogs and kids and bikes and pushchairs. The low winter sunshine briefly illuminated the café, and the bandstand on the upper terrace, as well as picking out the huge variety of trees. 

3 comments:

  1. That is lovely the way you caught the sun streaking across the grass and lighting the buildings and trees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely light indeed. You have my sympathy. Difficult to find favorite places being discovered and changed.

    ReplyDelete