Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Friday 6 January 2023

An outing!

After being stuck in at home since 23 December with Covid, and now feeling quite a lot better, though still 'fragile', I decided yesterday that I needed to venture out for a short walk to test my legs. I just went down to the park and made a circuit of the main path; that was quite enough for a first outing. Not much has changed in my absence! It was a gloomy old day, mild and damp, though I did manage to find a break in the drizzle. Recent rains have swelled the river so that it was rushing over the weir and down through the fish pass. Incidentally, I read that they have recently found young Atlantic salmon as far up the Calder as Todmorden, for the first time in 250 years. (See HERE) That proves that the project to create access by installing fish passes at the weirs and cleaning up our rivers' water is proving fruitful and makes them hopeful that salmon may also be spotted upstream on the Aire before long. 

5 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're feeling better. Love looking at water!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that first picture. And really love that you are out and about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is good to hear that the rivers are coming back to life. And so are you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! Good news on you being up to getting out and the salmon getting some miles in! hang in there. So glad you are better.

    ReplyDelete