Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Saturday 21 January 2023

Health and beauty

After sitting at my computer for quite a long time yesterday, I decided I had better go out for a short walk for health reasons. Sitting is so bad for you! I have to admit I didn't really feel like going out but I forced myself. I'm still full of 'cold' or whatever the aftermath of Covid actually is, with a paradoxical nose that manages to be at the same time bunged up and also streaming! (I was wondering if I could call it 'Schrödinger's Nose'... though I'm definitely not dead yet.) 

It must have been getting on for 4 pm, and round here at this time of year that means the sun is going down fast. It was chilly but dry and, as I walked down towards the park, I could see an attractive pink tinge in the sky. 

I enjoyed watching the colour deepen and change and observing what that did to the scenery. Being in the valley bottom and surrounded by hills the sun actually disappears from view well before its advertised 'sunset' time and often there is little colour. It just depends on the clouds. I was lucky and my 'health' walk served up a good dose of 'beauty' too. 


The sky looked quite a lot different as I returned over the footbridge, compared to when I set out. There was a huge - and very noisy - gaggle of geese that flew in to roost too. They seem to spend their days in the surrounding fields and then return to the water at night. 


Streetlights were coming on as I walked past the church up Victoria Road, heading home for a nice mug of tea. I can't go out and then return without making myself a drink. It's a ritual. Am I the only one that does that? 

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely walk, earning you points in beautiful photos as well as feeling a bit healthier. I did laugh out loud about Schrodinger's nose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lovely time of day. It's good that you went out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful light! And I love the Schrodiger's Nose concept.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That second photo is a real stunner! Just wonderful. I think I have Shrodinger's nose too, but I just attribute it to no rain in a couple of months here in central TX. Unusually low humidity.
    Saline spray is valuable. I'm glad you got out for a walk even though not feeling your best. As far as I know, it never seems to hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to read you are feeling better, Jenny. We went through a bout of nasal issues recently as well with tissues always close by. Your walk did yield lovely imagery, and beneficial to your health as well, a win-win.

    ReplyDelete