Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Wednesday 17 November 2021

Saltaire by night


Here are a couple more pictures I took when I went out on a night shoot in Saltaire recently, though I was rapidly running out of 'blue hour', when the sky still has some colour. (Entirely my own fault, as I wasted precious minutes having to run back home to collect a new camera battery, as I'd forgotten to take a spare. Rookie error!)

A few of the lamps on the church drive were not working, so I decided a non-symmetrical composition was required. I enjoyed the shadows of the gates enlivening the foreground and leading you in to the picture.  

The picture below is the floodlit central upper frontage of Shipley College's main building, formerly the Factory Schools that were originally opened in 1868. Under the bell tower is the Salt family's coat of arms and two alpacas, whose wool provided the basis of Sir Titus's fortune. 

4 comments:

  1. A couple of cracking night time shots. We've all forgotten those spare batteries; recently I managed to forget my SD card and spent the whole morning cursing myself, then I remembered that I had a spare one in my camera case all the time for just such an emergency.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent shots--especially the gate's shadow.

    ReplyDelete