Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Saturday 13 November 2021

Local colour

Dodging the sharp showers, I took myself for a brisk walk, armed only with my phone. The autumn colours are late and very restrained (though they do change quickly once they get started, so photos taken a week or so ago aren't necessarily representative of what it looks like now!) There was a bit of colour around the Half-Moon Café in Roberts Park and recent rain had caused the river to rise. I always quite like this glimpse of the park from the entrance to The Boathouse Inn. 

The canal towpath and the canal itself were littered with fallen leaves, though it doesn't have that 'all gold' look that it has in some years. (See HERE for a very golden year!) 

Along the river the path was still passable, despite rise in the water level due to the recent rain, though it was muddy in places. 

Perhaps the sight I enjoyed most was this pairing of trees, with different colour palettes, looking lovely against the blue sky. The taller tree behind is an elm, and I'm not sure what the one in the foreground is. I must have a closer look at it next time I pass it. 

4 comments:

  1. I particularly like the two middle photos. A very murky, sodden autumn down here at present.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our colours have been restrained as well and some are just changing now while other trees are bare.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here we have little colour, low-lying grey clouds with total wind still.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been much the same conditions here this year.

    ReplyDelete