Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Thursday 4 November 2021

Wonderful windows


I find The Hepworth a visually exciting building, inside and out, as sculptural in its architecture as the exhibits it was designed to display. Inside, the large interconnecting spaces are angular and have a wonderful interplay of light and shadow. The huge plate glass windows somehow contrive to showcase the outside environment as artworks, visually arresting and intriguing. I hope my photos suggest something of the wonder of it. 


3 comments:

  1. I have some reservations about the exterior of the building, but the inside is a different story. I can see how the clean, geometric lines must set off the sweeping curves Barbara Hepworth's sculptures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the first shot of glass against glass...makes a bit of an eye puzzle.

    ReplyDelete