Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Tuesday 2 November 2021

Yorkshire Sharks


I just popped out for a walk in between showers on Sunday and bumped into this merry crew on the canal. It turned out that I knew one of them, though I didn't recognise him at first due to the cunning disguise. Anyway, they turned out to be the Yorkshire Sharks (toodoo doodoo doodoo doo), a Shipley-based Dragon Boat Racing Club, having a practice session. They were racing in the recent festival in Roberts Park (see HERE) - and won a trophy, I believe, though I can't find the actual results anywhere. Seems they have various teams and practice a couple of times a week - though not always in Halloween fancy dress! It looked like they were having a blast. What a great way to keep fit and have fun. 

3 comments:

  1. What fun is right, and I love their boat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems to be a popular activity in many countries now. The group interaction must feel so good.

    ReplyDelete