Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Sunday 7 November 2021

Sunday meditation: Water of life


Every river flows into the sea, but the sea is not yet full. The water returns 
to where the rivers began, and starts all over again.
Ecclesiastes 1:7

I will pour water on the thirsty land, and streams on the dry ground; I will pour out my 
Spirit on your offspring, and my blessing on your descendants.
Isaiah 44:3 

I can spend a long time just watching and enjoying the water flowing over the weir at Hirst Wood, studying the way it makes constantly changing patterns. Even more fun is capturing it with a slowish shutter speed to make the water appear a little soft and milky. The river's origins are shown in the slightly peaty water, giving a coffee and cream effect. Soothing and life-giving. 

I've been thinking a lot about our climate and our world, as the UN Climate Change Conference takes place in Glasgow. I'm praying that our leaders will collectively agree to bold action to save our beautiful and vital planet, for our grandchildren's sake and for their grandchildren. If we act now, perhaps it's not too late. If we don't, I think we will rue the day. 

1 comment: