Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Monday 31 May 2021

The evening of the day


For the first time in many months I spent an afternoon with a whole crowd of people, albeit outside. A friend of mine, recently bereaved, decide to compensate for the very limited number of guests allowed at the funeral, by holding a garden party for family and friends, as our lockdown rules now permit that. There were about twenty adults and countless children - and two dogs thrown into the mix. It was a relaxed affair and, after many days of rain, thankfully the sun decided to show its face, even though it was still cold. It was pleasant chatting and lovely to watch the children racing around. Haven't we missed these ordinary but meaningful interactions?  

After a few hours spent standing/sitting around I needed a walk so when I got home I headed to Roberts Park. The sun was dropping down and, boy, was it cold! It was therefore a very brisk walk but I'm sure it did me good. This was a quick phone shot along the almost deserted promenade. I slightly regretted not having taken my big camera, as I could have captured a really nice sunburst through the trees with that! 

5 comments:

  1. I could spend hours watching children play, which is just as well because I used to be paid to do just that! (well, some of the time anyway). I like the care that has gone into painting the bench ends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gathering sounds lovely. And the picture is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's quite a serene scene...and I'd probably stop on the bench, unless it was very cold of course. So happy to hear about your group gathering. I've got a pot luck lunch coming up today in the club house...should be an interesting first gathering of neighbors since March of 2020.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just to be around people would feel a bit weird right now. It will take a while to relax I think.

    ReplyDelete