Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Sunday 23 May 2021

Sunday meditation: Colour palettes

There are so many interesting videos about photo processing to watch. So many ways of playing. I followed one that taught you to make a colour palette, lifted directly from the tones in a photo. I rather like the results and it could definitely be addictive!


And here's a bluebell especially for Barbara Rogers (yesterday's comments) - though the reason I hadn't posted any close-ups this year is because most of the flowers, viewed closely, looked a little the worse for wear. A dry spell followed by heavy rains has not helped them to be at their best. Their colours, however, are always rather lovely. 


'Colour thinks by itself, independently of the object it clothes.'  Charles Baudelaire

'You put down one colour and it calls for an answer. You have to look at it like a melody.Romare Bearden

'Colour is everything. Colour is vibration like music; everything is vibration.' Marc Chagall

'I never met a colour I didn't like.Dale Chihuly

4 comments:

  1. These photos have come out rather lüvle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, many thanks for that bluebell closeup. And the extra bonus of the colors in patchs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, I have to disagree with Baudelaire. Depending on what it's next to, a color can change a lot, or appears to. (I actually learned that 58 years ago in Design 101, my first art class in college, when we had to buy a box of "Color Match" papers, and mess around with them. A 3 inch stack of 5X7 different colors. I still have most of them!) But even though I've got a problem with Baudelaire, all the colors above are looking lovely!

    ReplyDelete