Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Saturday 22 May 2021

The last of the bluebells

These are the last of the bluebell pictures, I promise, though personally I never get tired of seeing these lovely woodland scenes. It was throwing it down with rain when I took these in Hirst Woods. Oddly, those conditions - rather than bright sunshine - seem to me to enhance the effect, saturating (both literally and metaphorically) the blues and the bright lime greens of the young leaves. 

Because April was so dry, the bluebells haven't been so thick and lush as sometimes. They're still a lovely sight though. 


4 comments:

  1. Some grand pictures there. I find them one of the most infuriating flowers to photograph successfully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, getting flowers wet does intensify their colors! These are amazing flowers, and I wish you'd post a close up of one.

    ReplyDelete