Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Saturday 29 May 2021

Back to the Mill


Another super bookshop, after yesterday's Waterstone's... This one is an independent, not a chain. It was wonderful to be able to go back inside Salts Mill now our lockdown has eased somewhat. The rooms are so big and airy that it feels relatively safe. It wasn't crowded when I was there, though I may avoid it on the upcoming Bank Holiday Monday. The bookshop looked festive, with some brightly coloured paper decorations that I gather they have started to sell. I didn't buy a book this time as I have a few piled up waiting to be read. I did, however, make sure I bought some greetings cards on each floor and an OS map in Trek and Trail (ready for a short break I've booked). We must support our local businesses as they attempt to get going again after such a long, enforced break. 

Local folk might like to be reminded that it's the Saltaire Arts Trail this coming week. There are lots of things happening, mostly outside. This year there is a Windows Gallery Trail rather than the usual Open Houses. See HERE for info. 

4 comments:

  1. That must be the most spacious bookshop I've ever seen. I thought for a moment that they'd still got their Christmas decorations up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the paper decorations, as well as the spacious setting for looking at books, none of those floor to ceiling spaced every 5 feet shelves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one of the most interesting bookshops I have been in. We bought several books there even though we had to carry them back to Canada in our luggage which was already heavy.

    ReplyDelete