Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Thursday 27 May 2021

Accepted and hung


This is me looking wryly amused that I have a photographic print currently on display at the National Science and Media Museum in Bradford. The Yorkshire Photographic Union, which is the federation of Yorkshire camera clubs, has an exhibition featuring accepted prints from the 2020 annual competition (which were not displayed last year because of Covid) along with the accepted digital entries for this year. It will no doubt be the first and last time I'll ever get a print of mine hung so professionally. They not only have the photos displayed but lots of interpretive boards and some interesting comparisons with old photos from their archives. There are some wonderful images and I am both proud to have one of mine there with them and delighted that my camera club (I'm the Co-President at the moment) was judged 'best overall club' this year. 

(NB: I was wearing a face mask as I toured the exhibition. Just removed it for the photo!) 


You may remember I featured the print on my blog some while ago, after a trip to London when I took the images that make up the layered photo. 



13 comments:

  1. Congratulations! A shot well-worth being seen by a larger audience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It should at least attract more people than a normal YPU exhibition does, as they tend to attract only camera club members.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! I like very much your photos and 'reportages' from your corner of the world

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, it’s a great image. I will make sure I get to the exhibition to see it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Alan. It's an exhibition worth seeing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nicely done! So glad you showed the photo as well as the one with the artist! That's because I thought all the layers were due to the reflections on the glass...but no, they are part of the art! Congrats on a really good show, and your club's mention as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, well done, both you and your camera club! I love the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bravo! Congratulations! Well Done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done! Congratulations. You must be very proud. Looking good too. I didn't have trouble loading photos last Wednesday
    .

    ReplyDelete