Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Friday 14 May 2021

Upside down



During lockdown, I caught up with all four series of 'Unforgotten', the TV crime drama starring Sanjeev Bhaskar and the wonderful Nicola Walker. I really enjoyed it. For some reason, it came back to me when I was looking at this photo of Salts Mill reflected in the canal, in lovely warm evening light. That's largely because the haunting theme tune: "All We Do", written and sung by the duo Oh Wonder, has the chorus:

'I've have been upside down; I don't wanna be the right way round; can't find paradise on the ground.'

(Listen HERE).

There's been a bit of a thing in my camera club recently about experimenting with 'flipping' reflection photos. As you can see, it produces a somewhat weird effect. Upside down...right way round...who knows?

4 comments:

  1. Pretty, but also pretty confusing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life's been a bit "upside-down" lately. Funny how these little fads permeate through the photographic world; I know Ernst Haas did this sort of thing in the 1960s, but there must have been others before - in fact it was the normal way to view images on the old cameras, wasn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The water is like a mirror!

    ReplyDelete