Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Monday 24 May 2021

Artist at work


Although Saltaire is quite an artistic and creative community, it's rare that I see actual artists at work, so I was both surprised and delighted to meet Mike the other day. He was hunkered down in the woodland at the side of the canal, painting a plant called Solomon's Seal. I think it is originally a cottage garden plant rather than a genuinely wild one. It apparently likes cool, shady conditions, so it seems to be thriving in this spot. Painting outside can't be easy but Mike had produced a charming and accurate rendition. It looked good to me; I hope he was pleased with his work. I'll stick to my photography though I do admire people who can draw and paint like this. 

5 comments:

  1. Lucky it stayed dry long enough for him to finish his work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see an artist at work...and he certainly seems proficient too! But so are you, in your medium. I'm missing being creative, and may start doing something or another soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is enjoying himself and appreciating nature at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A good shot. I watched an artist painting tulips a few days ago here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That would have been a nice surprise. He is clever.

    ReplyDelete