Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Monday 10 May 2021

More bluebells

I know I'm not the only photographer who gets seduced into an endless quest to capture 'the definitive' picture of bluebells. I enjoyed a walk with a few friends from the camera club in some woods in Bramhope, on the outskirts of Leeds. The bluebells were wonderful there, and just about at their peak. Try as I do, I can never seem to satisfy myself that I have captured the beauty that you actually experience for real. I know that's not just me either, as my friends all say the same. What I do like about these two images is that the colour is just about true to life - and that's not always easy to achieve either, as they sometimes look too pink and sometimes too purple. En masse they have this wonderful blue-mauve cloud effect. Individual blooms often look rather more of a vivid, darker blue when closely viewed. 

In addition to the bluebells there was masses of wild garlic in the woods, just beginning to flower with its attractive white star clusters. The garlicky aroma rather drowned out the more delicate fragrance of the bluebells, but garlic has an earthy scent that's not unpleasant. 


 

7 comments:

  1. So beautiful! I have planted bluebells in the woods near my house, in hopes that someday they will look like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos are really great...the tops I've ever seen of these flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have prepared the terrace to plant tiny blue lobelia plants and am curious how they are going to come out. Apparently they demand much water.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos, the bluebell cloud feeling is there. Photographing Bluebell masses reminds me of a similar love for taking pictures of bluebonnets in Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I understand your feeling about not quite capturing it the way you want to, but both of these images are still very fine.

    ReplyDelete