Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Tuesday 1 June 2021

Freezing frolics


I met my family up at Bingley St Ives recently, for a walk around the estate. It was, typically, a bit drizzly and untypically for this time of year, freezing cold. (Until this last weekend, I hadn’t managed to shed my winter coat!) There are stables and a riding school there and many of the fields have horses grazing. Some of them still had their heavy winter blankets on, though these in my photo were unfettered. 

My grandgirls kept warm with their usual running and jumping about, climbing every available wall, log, accessible tree and - ultimately - the structures in the large playground on the estate. It's hard to get them to stand still for a photo! Lovely to be carried along with their high spirits though, and I think I appreciate them even more after the experiences of the past year. 



There were plenty of bluebells in the woods. They are peaking later than normal this year, perhaps because it has been so cold. ( I promised I wouldn't take any more bluebell shots. Oops!) 


6 comments:

  1. Your grandgirls are growing up fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such fun to be around youthful energy! Ah bluebells. You should just give in to them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The girls are getting so big!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty bluebells. NO doubt your grandchildren will be loving being outside.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes children can spur you on and wear you out. Love bluebells keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete