Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Friday 25 June 2021

Three ways

You may recall me mentioning the camera club outing I arranged locally that had to be aborted due to a sudden, heavy rainstorm. I rearranged it for two separate dates to accommodate those who'd originally booked and the weather was, thankfully, good for both dates. It did mean I did the same walk several times in quick succession but that was an interesting exercise, seeking to find a 'new perspective' for my own photos each time. On the last visit up at Milner Field, I spotted this arrangement of trees, with one trunk leaning quite markedly and a slender sapling alongside it. Quite nice as a study, I thought - and fun to experiment with different processing methods. So here is: realism, mono and, thirdly, a darker and more atmospheric rendition. I can't decide which I like most. 



 

3 comments:

  1. It's always interested me how I can walk the same way many times and still miss something interesting. I think I like the second shot best as I'm increasingly sure that digital cameras don't record greens accurately, giving them too much of a yellow bias.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the 1st one best but the others are interesting.

    ReplyDelete