Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Sunday 6 June 2021

Poppy time

It's the time of year I love, when my little stone-flagged yard comes alive with bright yellow wild Welsh poppies. They self-seed and become more prolific every year. This year more orange ones have crept in too, and a few blooms have streaks of both yellow and orange in their petals - pretty.  They really brighten up the yard.  Eventually they will die back but sometimes there is a second surge later on. The bees love them.  They provided a good subject for my online photo club theme last month, which was 'Close up'. 

6 comments:

  1. Flowers for free! And photo subject readily to hand. Can't beat it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love poppies, and these are the first yellow ones I've seen. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. those are lovely, Never seen a Welsh poppy before. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete