Earlier posts

Earlier posts
This blog is a continuation of an older one. To explore previous posts please click the photo above.

Tuesday 29 June 2021

Birch


Since they felled the mature trees down Victoria Road (which were damaging the pavements and making them uneven) there really aren't many big trees left in Saltaire, apart from around the church, in the almshouses garden and one opposite the Victoria Hall. There's a large monkey puzzle tree up on George Street (see HERE). One day, I noticed this birch on Albert Terrace is really quite large now. I've never really stopped and looked at it before. I'm still finding 'new' things, after living here for over twenty years! 

4 comments:

  1. Easy to miss something as tiny as that bloody great tree! Only the other day I noticed a house that I'd never seen before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before chopping down a large mature tree here one must obtain a special permit from Stadt Hameln. Failure to do so can be expensive. Sometimes when the Rathaus themselves decide to remove public trees there is a public uproar and they have to explain how they will be replaced.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still find things that I have walked by for years!

    ReplyDelete